- What Kids Can Do(WKCD) - began in the winter of 2001 to showcase "examples of
young people working with adults in their schools and communities on the
real-world issues that concern them most." Currently, the Feature Stories
section presents Small Towns, Big Dreams, a long piece on what teenagers in
Maine, South Dakota, and Texas are doing to fight brain drain and revive
their rural communities. Short Takes provides a glimpse of a video project
in New York City; In Their Own Words includes a collection of middle and
high school graduation speeches, as well as two essays in the Young Writers'
Corner: "Quiet Lessons in Prejudice" and "Paper Mill Town"; and Student Work
contains students' interviews of their grandparents on their experiences
during World War II, life in Appalachia, along the Rio Grande in Texas, and
memories of segregation. In the Resources section, there is a list of like-
minded organizations' Websites, and you can sign up to receive email updates
on what's new at WKCD.
- Hedgehog Books - a great place to shop for children's literature. A staff of professional
educators has prepared reading lists and reviews of the best in kids'
books, all of which are available for purchase on the site.
The site offers lists of appropriate books by grade level
(K-8), those that are to be read aloud or to be read alone,
Hedgie's (the site's mascot) Outstanding Picks for all
ages, and Hedgie Award winners (given to the best
read-aloud children's books). You can also search for your
favorite by title. Each selection features a summary of the
story and review of the material, age/reading level
recommendations, an excerpt from the story, and purchase
information. The interactive Ask a Teacher page is a unique
feature of the site, where you can pose your questions to
the pros and get answers.
- A Kid's Guide to Collecting Things
- Canada Homeschooling - resources, support groups and laws for homeschooling in Canada.
- Canadian Educational Resources - comprehensive collection of links to learning resources which includes information for parents, teachers and schools and covers numerous learning disciplines.
- The Idea Box - activities,crafts,songs,games, and recipes for children
- The Canadian Homeschool Resource Page - a comprehensive collection of resources for Canadian parents looking for homeschool information.
- Canadian Homeschool Resources - Canadian homeschool support groups and online resources.
- Cool Safe Links For Kids Parents and Teachers - an award winning site with 1000s of safe informative and fun links for kids parent educators and students of all ages.
- Canadian School Boards Association
- Encounters with Canada - a program of Canadian studies aimed at Canadian students between the ages of 15 and 17
- Canadian Association Of Independent Schools (CAIS)