Genetically Modified WEB SITE
Sites related to genetically modified foodstuffs seem to be
cropping up all over: This one is from grassroots farm groups that
oppose genetically modified crops. The group includes the Organic
Farmers Marketing Association and the National Family Farm Coalition.
The site is designed to offer growers a source of information about
genetically modified crops. Visit CropChoice
Carla Emery - a mother, speaker, and writer - especially of encyclopedias. She is the author of the critically and publicly acclaimed Encyclopedia of Country Living, a basic reference work in the field of family food production ("goats and gardens"). In print for 25 years, currently in its ninth edition, this old-fashioned recipe book and how-to manual now has some 400,000 copies in print. She is also a perceptive watcher and clarion of world events affecting our environment, health, freedoms, and fortunes.
- Earth Ship - a passive solar home made of natural and recycled materials using thermal mass construction for temperature stabilization. Renewable energy & integrated water systems make the Earthship an off-grid home with little to no utility bills.
- Farm Folk/City Folk Society is a non-profit organization that works with food communities toward a local, sustainable food system by working on projects that provide access to & protection of foodlands; that support local, small scale growers and producers; and that educate, communicate and celebrate with local food communities.
- City Farmer is a local non-profit society that promotes urban food production and environmental conservation. This large website has information on all sorts of topics like worm composting, composting toilets, waterwise gardens etc.
- American Rabbit Breeders Association, Inc.- useful information on caring for rabbits with information for locating breeders of the breed you are interested in raising.
- Back Home Magazine - is the magazine that delivers useful do-it-yourself information on sustainable, self-reliant living
- Backwoods Home - A site about self-reliance, independent energy, homesteading, building, gardening, farming & much more.
- Bee Works- a helpful site for amatuer bee keepers, FAQ's and information on keeping bees.
- Butcher & Packer Supply - everything you need to process your meat into sausage in your own home.
- Butterfly Hollow Farm
- Canning Pantry - source for equipment, supplies, and information for canning, pickling, juicing, and dehydrating.
- Cottage Living - Whether you own a cottage by the lake, a cabin in the woods or a chalet in the mountains, you'll find everything you need to make life at the cottage worth living.
- Country Roads Network
- Countryside Magazine Selected articles from the printed magazine for readers seeking voluntary simplicity and greater self-reliance with emphasis on home food production. Gardening, cooking, food preservation, and livestock. Has an active forum.
- Innovative Technologies - windup radios
- Kountry Life - an interactive country and rural living site with discussion forums, photo gallery, articles, how-to information, humor, sounds, and recipes.
- Lets Hook Rugs
Dedicated to providing a Canadian on-line resource for the art of rug hooking. Hooker's tips, rug hooking supplies, photos of hooked rugs, rug making techniques, etc. are featured on this site.
- Monolithic Dome Institute - insulated, steel-reinforced concrete structures for residential and commercial uses.
- Morels Online - morel mushroom connection.
- Original Log Cabins- custom built homes with you choice of spruce or pine, red, white. Also your choice of log railing, stairs, wall panelling, decorative moulding, hardwood flooring. Located in Pine River, Manitoba but have the ability to ship nation wide.
- Pacific Yurts - original manufacturer of modern yurts.
- Pendulums and Divining Rods - European quality pendulums and divining rods for alternative healing, water and mineral dowsing
- Pioneer Thinking - get back to the basics by making your own homemade health and beauty products, free tips, recipes and advice on gardening, beauty, herbs, medicine, home, family, travel and more. Come join one of Canada's fastest growing online communities.
- Ram Co - pump water uphill; no gas or electric lines with ram or solar pumps; free energy.
- Smithy Co - own the complete home workshop; compact and affordable.
Soil and Health Library A free how-to and encouragement resource for self-supporters with little cash, for non-domineering environmentalists, and folks frustrated with urbanity.
- Stark Brother's Fruit Trees - online source for ordering fruit and nut trees, berry plants and fruit producing plant care products.
- Storey Books - books for country living.
- Sun-Mar Corp - manufactures composting toilets and a kitchen composter.
- Sustainable Farming Connection- geared more to the farmer than the gardener.
- Totally Logs log home kits for sale in New Brunswick Kiln dried white pine - white cedar manufactured homes and handcrafted red cedar homes logs only. Offering logs only and weather-tight packages for the do-it-yourself or we can build your dream home.